eBay: Northrop A-17A

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Snautzer01

Honourably banned
Mar 26, 2007
Northrop A-17A_01.JPG

Last edited:
Classic, clean-looking 1930's vintage light bomber. Always liked the A-17...and it wore some interesting warpaint (eg Iraqi markings in Douglas-build mode). Wish we could have a semi-decent 1/48 kit of this type.

I'd love to see an injection molded A-17. The panel lines in that resin kit look like they were done by the guy that that carved the trenches in the old Matchbox kits.

Hi Wurger,

I'd seen Mike West's kit which is great for the basic A-17. Alas, the DB-8A variants all seem to have retractable undercarriage and some other mods. I still think an injection moulded kit would be worthwhile given the interesting markings - Iraqi, Dutch, South American etc.

Cheers,
B-N

I see. I haven't seen any injection kit of the kite of the 1/48 scale. But there is another resin one... Geromy Models - Geromy BV

DB-8A _model_Geromy Models.jpg

Last edited:
LEMB: 383 - Not airworthy on 10May1940, it was damaged and captured at Ypenburg during May 1940. It was seen on a barge after captured

Douglas db8_383.JPG

Lemb: The last DB-8A photo was no doubt taken at the Douglas factory, and depicts most likely 386, considering the camouflage pattern. 386 was testflown 18th sept. 1939, had a crash the 20th. Next test flight was the 11th november, and the plane was transported off the 16th.

Douglas db8_38.jpg

Last edited:
Luftwaffe colours

Douglas db8_Luftwaffe.jpg

KK+UU

Douglas db8_Luftwaffe_01.jpg

Last edited:
Look just above the picture i posted it save "gun camera"......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back