Ohio Museums and WW1 fly in USAF Museum Dayton Ohio

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kyushuj7w

Airman 1st Class
This two-day flying event of authentic and replica World War I aircraft is offered every other year by the museum and the Great War Aeroplanes Association. The next one is in 2022. The event includes WWI living history re-enactors in a war encampment area, radio-controlled model aircraft, period vehicles, music and a collector's show of WWI era items. The event will include guest speakers on WWI topics as well as many family hands-on and educational activities. Great show, vendors with some diecast but mostly books and model kits. I snagged a few WWI books while I was there. Of course you tour the museum while you are there. It also has an incredible book store . Several of the prints on my man cave walls are from a HS ROTC visit many many many years ago.
smiley.png

flyin3 (1).jpg
FLYIN5.jpg
FLYIN6.jpg
flyin7.jpg
flyin8.jpg
flyin9.jpg
flyin10.jpg
FLYIN11.jpg
FLYIN13.jpg

Doug lives not that far away in Columbus, he was a member of our old model building forum.
Me on the right . A few members from that old forum live in England and visited with Doug some
years back. Sites like these are great for making connections.
IMG-0359.jpg

Cell phone pics are not so great

IMG-3814.jpg
IMG-3829.jpg
IMG-3819.jpg
IMG-3818.jpg
IMG-3826.jpg
IMG-3823.jpg
IMG-3822.jpg

IMG-3816.jpg

FLYIN16.jpg

YOu can get some great books at great prices at these events . ... The clamps were courtesy of Doug
and helped a lot when building that flying boat

flyin2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back