One for Trebor....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

yep! and there's a company that specializes in parts for Curtiss-Wright engines!

Here's a couple of connies at their gates in the late '40s I believe...

Couple of beautiful shots of a Northwest DC-6B! (I think it's a B, I'm not certain)

An Alaska Airlines DC-6B in SEATTLE!!! (I'm planning to build the 1/72 DC-6 I got as Alaska. I just gotta remember to get the Alaska DC-6 decals next time.

Couple of beautiful shots of a Super Connie on final to Hartford. looks like it must be a domestic route. lack of tip tanks

Nice shot of flames coming from the exhaust stacks of this L-749 Connie. must be takeoff power

Some beautiful wing view shots of a Pan AM Boeing Stratocruiser, and the cocktail lounge in the lower deck!

TWA Super Connie in flight, Pan Am Stratocruiser taking off from Honolulu, and a delicious-looking COACH in-flight meal! (I believe it's coach. god, has in-flight meal service gone downhill)

Couple of Pan Am ships at New York Idlewild, A Pan AM DC-6 in flight, and a Northwest DC-6 in Seattle

Thanks lucky! I will! I also forgot to mention I'm working on a 1/72 stratocruiser in 1940s pan am livery. Though I wanna do it in the 1950s livery. But I dunno where I'd find tail decals. I'll probably have to make them, myself.

here's something I just remembered that you'll never see coming! looks like an ordinary B-17, right?

huh? TWA? Passenger windows??

Let's take a closer look!

WWWWHAT!? office desk, Passenger seats, curtains!? It's a B-17 converted to an airliner!

Some kind of bed....possibly crew rest or a sleeping berth.

STORY B17 FLYING FORTRESS
44-85728, Del Louisville 14/5/45; Rome 10/7/45; 4202 BU Syracuse 20/10/45; RFC Altus 28/11/45; sal 15 TSK Clovis 30/4/46; sold TWA as 299AB 1947 (Civil NX4600) for Near East survey work; Converted for Shad of Persia 1947 (EP-HIM); IGN france (F-BGOE); scrapped France 1970s

I think that we (the Swedes) rebuilt a B-17 or two, for passenger service....

I wonder how much it would cost today to build a new Super Constellation or Stratocruiser, or restore one to factory fresh whatyacallit...

couple million, probably.

I read that at least 68 B-17s went to Sweden

TWA B17 1946

and the best part:

DRAW decal makes a decal sheet in 1/144, 1/72, and 1/48 scales!!!!!

as soon as I get a bunch of kits done. a 1/48 B-17 kit would be cheaper that a 1/72 for some reason (at least on Amazon)

here's more!

I REALLY love this one! taken in the 1970s, I believe. Seattle-Tacoma International, United DC-6 at the gate with a Pan AM 707 in the background. just LOOOVE this pic!

this is actually kinda making me wanna start my 1/144th Boeing 314 clipper. since I have very little masking to do, it'll probably get done sooner than the 747 and 707. btw, mind if I post some jetliners in here?

hokayyyyy, here we go!

easily the best photo of N739PA ever taken. this is what I'm doing my 747 as

nice night shot of the Pan Am Worldport at Idlewild. What Delta did to it makes me sad

Users who are viewing this thread