Overflight Gear VR game (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bobbysocks

Chief Master Sergeant
Feb 28, 2010
Pennsylvania
if you have a Samsung phone that will work with their 3D VR headset ( made by Oculus ) then you may wish to check out Overflight. the game is listed in the app/game section on the headset. it is a multi or single player air combat game that is based purely on air combat. by that I mean it is not set in any specific time like the BoB or Europe. there is only one map which battle takes place. you are also limited to one aircraft a spitfire ( MK# unknown ) even tho the artwork for the game shows 109s and 190s. it is a VR game in its infancy sop don't expect anything fancy.. you fly using either the VR Headset where you tilt in the direction you wish to fly and press a button on the directional pad to fire....or use a Bluetooth controller. I do have a controller but have yet to figure out how to sync it to the game. you have steering and shooting as the only commands, you do not have throttle control, flaps to control....there is no black/red out factor to contend with. the game has a lot of potential to grow.
what you do have is a pretty good VR experience and the physics for the planes isn't too arcadish ( I know not a real word ). the first time I flew this I was on the verge of getting airsick. I have flown a lot in small planes and have never been to that point.

you select a quick match to play online against other live pilots. there are not a lot of players at this point so you will get a server error stating such. or you can start your own match where you can choose the number of players ( up to 4 total ), the length of the match, and the difficulty. your opponents will be AI I do believe only. I think it is worth messing with if you have the gear VR headset but I wouldn't buy it just for that. with this as a basis I hope to see more VR dogfight games come out that are in the fashion of the old il 2 games.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Qsg5tOvlA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back