P-36A Hawk manual & diagrams

daveT

Senior Airman
431
155
Joined
Jan 30, 2007
Location
Travis AFB California
Website
www.hiavps.com
I'm researching P-36A Hawk wreck in Hawaii from 7 December 1941. I'm looking for a Parts manual, and diagrams to be able to identify wreckage.
something like attached file
 

Attachments

  • Curtiss P-36 Hawk side cut.jpg
    Curtiss P-36 Hawk side cut.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 118
Facinating. Be very interesting to hear its story.
I illustrated a book on the type, and have technical data but unfortunately no parts manual.

There are quite a few engineering drawings in the AirCorps Library collection but they are filed under P-40...and are the 75-### series of drawings.
If you can't find a parts manual it might be the next best option.
 
It's that constant speed prop that gave the P-36 its advantage over its contemporaries. It didn't have the top speed of the 109, but it was a very dangerous opponent, especially in a dogfight where speed could bleed both rapidly and unpredictability. Managing prop pitch manually merged from very difficult to impossible in that stress situation where most pilots were fixated on an opponent.
 
In Aircorps Library, under P-40, look for drawing 75-41-001. It is the installation of the P&W R1830-13 & 17 on the P-36A. It describes in detail the engine installation, cowling, mount, controls, accessories, etc. In addition, that drawing also contains the complete airplane's fuel system including the fuel tanks and plumbing. I am sure that further digging in the Aircorps Library P-40 site will result in more information.
 
In Aircorps Library, under P-40, look for drawing 75-41-001. It is the installation of the P&W R1830-13 & 17 on the P-36A. It describes in detail the engine installation, cowling, mount, controls, accessories, etc. In addition, that drawing also contains the complete airplane's fuel system including the fuel tanks and plumbing. I am sure that further digging in the Aircorps Library P-40 site will result in more information.
Thank You, The files were very helpful
 
I'm looking for more info, drawings, photos
P-36 in Hawaii
P-36C-15PG47PS-B27-Brown-Hawaii-1940-41.jpg
 
I thought Sterling went down in the sea.
yes he did, that i where im looking
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back