P-38 paint codes

rmcjc2004

Recruit
2
3
Joined
Apr 24, 2022
I am currently building a P-38 belly tank saltflat racer. I have found the ANA paint codes for the P-38 from 1940 and 1943. The issue I am having is the paint supply store needs an actual paint chip to replicate. Has anyone painted an aircraft with ANA paint codes from 1940 or 1943 and has current matching paint codes?? I would appreciate any help!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2324.jpeg
    IMG_2324.jpeg
    32.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2322.png
    IMG_2322.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 105
Best bet is obtain some of the small bottles or cans of the correct model paint and then do samples for the paint guys to run under their spectrophotometer.
That is a fantastic idea. Thank you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back