P 39 P 38 Locations (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Versatile

Airman
Jun 3, 2005
For those interested i will provide GPS coordinates and serial number for a P39 located in Canada for 35k US funds and 20k for the location and picture of the P38 remains. Acquiring ownership is up to you. The P39 cannot be owned by Canadians and the P38 is up in the air as to actual ownership can fall too.

If only I had the sound clip from South Park movie with that Canadian going "You're a racist!"

I know that's not what you mean but it'd be a funny addition.

Nonskimmer said:
Cannot be owned by Canadians? What do you mean? Something to do with on-board safety requirements or something, or what?

I guess i should clarify myself. These were lend-lease aircraft (P-39's)going to Russia. They never made it to Alaska thus they were never sold to Russia or is it the USSR. The aircraft are still american aircraft. Yes theoretically a Canadian could own one except there are quite a few obstacles to hurdle to get ownership.One object is that any Canadians will get beat out by Americans whom protests the sale. When i was last working these projects i also think there was something to do with the Privy council being a block as too Canadian ownership. An American can own one with the provision that he must aquire a permit to import a weapon of war and then cannot sell it. There are other requirements as well.

Nonskimmer said:
Cannot be owned by Canadians? What do you mean? Something to do with on-board safety requirements or something, or what?

The info i have is that something from the privy council plus something about a permit to import a weapon of war and another item i won't mention.

evangilder said:
I have to be honest here. For that kind of money, I could probably do some research and get a trip together to find those myself.

I did a lot of research when long distance was about .45 cents per minute and i think i spent close to $6000.00 US funds. The doctor that told me the lake location has since died! Go for it.

Back in the early 90's i saw 14 8x10 black&white photos of a Mustang that crashed on a Mtn in AZ. It took us about 10 minutes to ascertain what was the cockpit section. No engine and no prop and the rest looked like shredded tissue paper. The whole mess sold for 35k American. All they were getting or wanted was the hard parts like brackets and fitting etc that are cost prohibitive to make.
These babies are near complete and should have the same prop and hub as the D model Mustang with those in the price range of about 120k or better. Used to be they restored old Warbirds and anything built up from parts was a bastard. Now there are scratch built aircraft almost totally new. The P-39's i mention have a unique and traceable history. I think i am in alignment with prices.

Well, good luck with that. I personally am not interested in doing a recovery. The guys that I have met that do recovery work do their own research and I don't know what, if anything, they would be willing to pay for something like that.

Well if you ever found anyone who was serious about this recovery and needed to hire some folks, give me a call. As I've posted, I did this before and also have an A&P. I'd be willing to help, but I'm not cheap! ;)

Versatile said:
I guess i should clarify myself. These were lend-lease aircraft (P-39's)going to Russia. They never made it to Alaska thus they were never sold to Russia or is it the USSR. The aircraft are still american aircraft. Yes theoretically a Canadian could own one except there are quite a few obstacles to hurdle to get ownership.One object is that any Canadians will get beat out by Americans whom protests the sale. When i was last working these projects i also think there was something to do with the Privy council being a block as too Canadian ownership. An American can own one with the provision that he must aquire a permit to import a weapon of war and then cannot sell it. There are other requirements as well.
Oh, I see now. Right. Thanks for the clarification.:thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back