P-47 Thunderbolt Cockpit Instrument Panel pictures

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

daveT

Senior Airman
P-47 Thunderbolt Cockpit instrument panel
Pictures only wanted
All models and types including cockpit diagrams from manuals
Interesting how they change between models
I'll start with a few
P-47 Thunderbolt Mark 1 RAF.JPG
P-47D.jpg
P-47N manual page.jpg
P-47N.jpg

Last edited:
Magnificent pictures. There was a story circulating among RAF personnel during the war that American pilots had a cigar lighter in the instrument panel of the P 47. I suspect that was a myth. Is there any truth in it?

Hello,
What is this ? ( Reference, plan, manufacturer ?) :

View attachment 648151

View attachment 648152

Thanks,
Regards.
TARTARIN

The object you are pointing to in the first picture is the warning light on the oxygen sub panel..
The object circled in the second picture is the primer pump sub panel. I made this panel up for my cockpit pictures with an attachment bracket just like the original. Here are some pictures of it. In the second picture you can see the warning light on the oxygen sub panel.

P5071721.JPG
P4204735.JPG
P7260972.JPG

"Special Radio" refers to the I.F.F. equipment, and destruct charges were fitted to these on all Allied aircraft, activated by the two buttons, the intention being to destroy the equipment in the event of a forced landing in enemy territory, to prevent said enemy learning their "secrets".

Hello !
Ok thanks !!!
I am mainly looking for the production drawing numbers of these two pieces of sheet metal.
Example :
89 F 81105 2.jpg

TARTARIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back