P-51 B/C Expended Case/Link Arrangement

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ronl

Airman
Dec 23, 2006
Does anyone have any pictures or drawings showing how the expended cases and links were ejected out of the bottom of the P-51 B/C Mustang? The two .50 cal guns were mounted at an angle in each wing and it would appear that the links fell out of separate small slots, while the cases from both guns fell out of a large single slot. Does anyone have any good pictures showing the slots under the P-51 B/C wing that they could post? Or better yet, a picture showing how the cases were directed out from under the guns, with the guns not installed in the wing. It seems like there was one case collector (or maybe two) to direct the cases that was installed under both guns.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Ron

This museum has a flying one. If you posted this request last month, i would have snapped any photo you wanted. It's about 1.5 hours from my house. Maybe if you e-mail them, one of the docents will help you out??

good luck

Fantasy of Flight's P51C Mustang

Does anyone have any pictures or drawings showing how the expended cases and links were ejected out of the bottom of the P-51 B/C Mustang? The two .50 cal guns were mounted at an angle in each wing and it would appear that the links fell out of separate small slots, while the cases from both guns fell out of a large single slot. Does anyone have any good pictures showing the slots under the P-51 B/C wing that they could post? Or better yet, a picture showing how the cases were directed out from under the guns, with the guns not installed in the wing. It seems like there was one case collector (or maybe two) to direct the cases that was installed under both guns.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Ron

Only one single slot per gun for both links and casings - I'll have to research whether there case collector/funnel for the ejected case/links.

I'm pretty sure there were two small slots for the links and one large slots for the cases from both guns. There is not a lot of information available on this, but there is also some conflicting information with what the actual arrangement is.

Looking forward to seeing what you can find.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back