How many P-51B and P-51C do we have now? At one time, back when I first built the Monogram 1/48 kit, I assumed I'd never see a real one, but it seems that there are several now flying or in work.
Unlike several airframes out there, it is not a Frankenstein assembly. Looks like completely new fabrication with perhaps an original data plate. So I believe that the wing will be a NA-104 wing to scale. That said, I know nothing.
Fagen Fighters just completed 'restoration' of my father's 44-72253 WR-B which crashed in East Anglia June 2 1945. Pacific Fighters bought it and completed new build to about 70% and sold to Fagen. But it is a completely new fabrication with only the data plate and a few non-structural parts of the 1945 original.
I will be at Oshkosh to participate in the 'unveiling'. So far, Steve Hinton Jr has been contracted to perform a test flight program for April/May to iron out any kinks. His only flight related suggestion after the first flight IIRC was to add a little more ballast and adjust the rigging on the elevators.
Old Crow was based on a P-51 fished out of a lake in Florida in the early 2000's. I talked to the guy who owned it after they recovered it. He considered it to be worthless. I think that the "restorers" may have used parts from the main spar, but it is rather obviously virtually a new build.
Nobody ever seems to add that fin extension to the P-51's. I think it was more for reinforcing the horizontal tail than for adding directional stability.
Old Crow was based on a P-51 fished out of a lake in Florida in the early 2000's. I talked to the guy who owned it after they recovered it. He considered it to be worthless. I think that the "restorers" may have used parts from the main spar, but it is rather obviously virtually a new build.
Unlike several airframes out there, it is not a Frankenstein assembly. Looks like completely new fabrication with perhaps an original data plate. So I believe that the wing will be a NA-104 wing to scale.