P-51H and F-82 HQ photos?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'd love to see them. I'm especially interested in Wright-Patterson AFB/Wright Field and NACA images, or promo images, though I'll accept anything since HQ/high res photos of both are kinda rare (though there's some of the restored XP-82 out there).

Maybe I should request a thread for Wright Field/Wright Patterson and NACA images of World War II era aircraft in general?
Boeing is the "keeper of all-things-NAA" these days and they're very, shall we say, "money-oriented" when it comes to posting their photos and stuff online, or in books or magazine articles. This is a fairly new "thing." Folks "out there" say that a "change in management" at Boeing in the last several years has brought about changes in these matters (as far as pricing - "licenses" - using their images.

I paid like $50 for a couple of photos from IWM, which is understandable given that they're a museum and thrive off of donations and merchandise purchases. If the prices are comparable, I might consider it. I did write to them a few days ago about seeing about buying some for private use (I have no trouble paying, though I can only buy maybe 1-2 at a time), though I may be better off maybe buying books about the later and experimental Mustangs.

I've got a number of them.
Wright Patterson Field airshow 1947
mjyXGRS.jpg

x7Nqjly.jpg

82nd FG 96th FS summer 1948
6Dd6CGm.jpg

NACA 130 Moffett Field, CA mid 1950's
bRqsj7g.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back