P-61 Black Widow

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I nearly finished my Komet, just have to add the transfers. Models instantly look 10 times better once the transfers are applied.

this is useless men, where are those lancaster models!!

and sorry i wasn't on yesterday or today, had a ten tors walk and man that was heavy rain, and i've come back to 407 posts...........

If anyone is familiar, there was a reconnaissance version of the P-61 Black Widow called the F-15 Reporter, which had an elongated nose for housing spy cameras like that of the reconnaissance P-38 Lightning (F-5) and P-80/F-80 Shooting Star (F-14, later FP-80/RF-80). The "F" letter meant photo reconnaissance because before the USAAF became the USAF in September 1947, "F" denoted reconnaissance aircraft (after 1948, "F" was replaced for "R" for reconnaissance planes when the USAF ordered the use of the "F" letter for fighters as it broke with past policy of classifying fighters as pursuit planes rather than simply fighter planes). Just 36 F-15s were built, but they were vital in aerial reconnaissance over Korea during the Korean War.

1577664728118.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back