P&W R-2800-8 or 8W plug wires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rtbrd

Airman
Jun 5, 2023
I think I have seen photos of a R-2800-8 or 8W with shielded plug wires but I'm not sure, may have been a dream but anyway does anyone know if the early 2800s had them? I'm curently working on a 1/32 scale Corsair and I want to detail the engine.

1719080940627.jpeg

Thanks, that answers that question and I believe this may have been the photo I saw, looks familiar. This also has much more for me to work from, now no doubts about the color of the reduction gear housing. There must be 100s of different colors out there. It also has what appears to be the production number, 6926. Looks new, right off the show room floor. And thanks for the link to the National Archives.

Boy, her saddle shoes have certainly gotten a work out. ;)

I think I have seen photos of a R-2800-8 or 8W with shielded plug wires but I'm not sure, may have been a dream but anyway does anyone know if the early 2800s had them? I'm curently working on a 1/32 scale Corsair and I want to detail the engine.

Any aircraft that had radios fitted had shielded ignition harness as otherwise the audio was drowned out by the clicks from each spark plug firing so I would doubt that any R-2800 ever had unshielded ignition.

Great photo mjfur as it shows colour of the horrible early flexible housing outer coating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back