P47 as cargo load in the back of a 2 1/2 ton truck Pic Needed.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

shaun symonds

Recruit
Dec 10, 2011
Hi
I'm hoping that someone on this site maybe able to help me.
I'm a model maker, mainly armour etc. I had a pic on my computer of a USAAF 2 1/2ton Truck carrying a P47 Fighter as cargo in it's load area.
I've Lost the pic cant find it anywhere. The Pic was taken sometime late 1944 in France as far as I can remember.
It was taken as if you where looking out of a 1st floor window down onto passing traffic. The Truck was carrying the Fuselage of the P47. There was No Wings, No Tail , No Engine the Cockpit was covered so I'd presume it was a Crashed plane.
I need this pic foor a Build I'm trying to do.
I've searched for hrs on Google with No luck.
Any Help would be Great.

Shaun

I think I might have some similar pics, both P47 and P51. But, they're taken in Liverpool, when the aircraft were being transported from the docks to Speke (Liverpool airport) for assembly, before going to Burtonwood.

try ' P47-sPierhead -Liverpool ' and ' a701e989d66e3975_large ' i know the one you want - these are close - i'll keep searching my system ...

Any one of these two?

Attachments

• AAF-II-p648c.jpg
    AAF-II-p648c.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 377
  • P-47_on_truck-735x569.jpg
    P-47_on_truck-735x569.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 206
Hi
Thanks for looking .
Sorry not the ones I'm after. The one with the P47 wings etc I might try at another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back