PAINT CONVERSION CHART-AKA paint4models.com (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Just got a reminder that Adobe Flash will no longer be supported and this site runs on Flash. Anyone know of a way around this? I know the site is still being updated so maybe it might not become an issue but I would still like to be prepared

EDIT: I just tried opening the chart on my iPhone which doesn't use Flash....no go

Last edited:
I have given up on that site a long time ago as it stopped working for me. FWIW, I saved this PDF version back in the day when I found it useful. The downside is that the pages are saved in a print mode that creates multiple pages for a group of line items so it's a bit hard to follow.

I've since come to rely on mix suggestions from various sources and on my own experience to come up with the colours I like. I've made, and continue to update my own notes for this.

Attachments

• Paint Conversion Chart 20100101.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 524
Perhaps there has been others that have looked for and found alternatives? But just in case? I found a couple that are user friendly and fairly close in the color brand matching. ModelShade.com give alternatives, ranked by closeness, stars, as well as displaying the shades. Of course it will depend on your display as to how accurate these will seem.

Model Paint Conversion Charts

http://www.ak-masters.com/app/pdf/RCEquivalenceDIG.pdf

And then there is always the 'app-for-that' This one is really good. And the color matching feature with the phone camera could come in handy? I downloaded mine through Google Play.

Humbrol Paint Converter

I tried the 'Colorator' with the app, and darn if it didn't identify the correct Taymia colors on the models that I tried. Neat!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back