Panavia Tornado 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
GR1, GR1B, ADV....which is the better kit out there?

eXT_VaD8hDSCbstsKHlgEoStg5ESCuSuzLLcO9jZOTc.jpg

Source: Interweb

Last edited:
If you just thinking of kits, the first hurdle could be getting one in any of these roles. I know Revell and Hobby Boss do a GR1 but not sure about the rest. I've built Airfix, Revell and Eduard kit (1/48 scale) and all had some form of minor fitment problems or panel line deficiencies but in general a bit of twist and grunt sorted these out. In general the airframes are basically the same though I believe the ADV was a little longer. I suppose the answer to you question is to see what is available on your market, then make your mind up which to build. :D

Agree with Vic. There are also the Italeri kits, which, although not perfect, are a much better fit than the Airfix versions. These are particularly useful in the earlier releases for the GR.1 and F.3 ( which is indeed longer, with a longer nose), and can often be found at reasonable prices on e-bay.
I picked up the earlier release of the GR.1 (first pic) a couple of years back for around £15.
The second pic shows the more recent re-release of the same kit, priced at around £38.

Italeri Tornado pic 2.jpg
Italeri Tornado..jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back