Password Resets (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ivan1GFP

Tech Sergeant
Mar 19, 2008
How does one go about resetting a password?

I have a cookie cached on one computer which is how I am getting here.
I have no idea what the current password is.

Thanks.
- Ivan.
[email protected]

At the top of the page click on Logout. Upper right hand corner on Login. Scroll down to the vbulletin message box. Select forgotten your password click here

Got it.

I will try this when I get to my home computer which does NOT have the cookie cached.

Thanks!
- Ivan.

I tried the password reset twice last night.
I never received an email either time.

Any ideas?
- Ivan.

Just so that I better understand the situation, you say you "tried the password reset". Does that mean that you successfully typed-in the CAPTCHA (distorted word challenge) and got an indication that your password would be sent via email, but it didn't arrive? Or did the CAPTCHA challenge keep failing on you? The latter has happened to me in the past over and over and over.

Just so that I better understand the situation, you say you "tried the password reset". Does that mean that you successfully typed-in the CAPTCHA (distorted word challenge) and got an indication that your password would be sent via email, but it didn't arrive? Or did the CAPTCHA challenge keep failing on you? The latter has happened to me in the past over and over and over.

I click on Login.
It fails because I can't supply credentials.
There is a Click 'Here' link for a password reset.
I enter email address.
I enter CAPTCHA.
System responds that message has been sent.

I do not see the message.
- Ivan.

FWIW, I just tried the same thing again using Firefox (no cookies) and it still did not work.
I also checked SPAM folder. Nothing there either.

- Ivan.

Hello Guys,

I actually received a message last night. There was a link in the message but when I follow the link, this is what I get.

The address that you have used to request a new password is not valid. Please request a new password be sent to you by using this form.

As I commented earlier, I can still post here because I have a cached cookie on this browser. This is also my last day at this work site, so will not have access to this computer after today. I can still read from home but cannot login or post.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back