Pby Erection and Maintance Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Been working on this for a while, Its not complete. Im still working on parts. Full credit for the manual came from here. WWW.PBY.COM Home Page.

Ive just making them into pdf files so they are easier to look at.

Attachments

• PBY erection manual.pdf
    28.7 MB · Views: 1,690
  • PBY erection manual Part 2.pdf
    29.9 MB · Views: 1,537
  • PBY erection manual Part 3.pdf
    28.9 MB · Views: 1,454
  • PBY erection manual Part 4.pdf
    19.4 MB · Views: 1,386
Good stuff, Paul.. I worked with a guy, years ago, who was a mech on
PBY's. Was telling me about working on the gas tank.... had to remove the
wing to get to it !

Charles

Thanks Charles,

I dont know if this manual will ever be complete but at least its easier to read. The web page doesnt have all the pages but even if it did or does post them later Im only about half way with it. Its taken me alot long then I thought it would.

Paul (Micdrow)

Hello: I have just joined the site since I am starting as a volunteer with maintaining and running the PBY at Duxford, UK. For all I know, being a beginner you may well be talking to my colleagues already! However to help me understand the PBY I have downloaded the erection manuals on your site..it will give me a good grounding in the peculiarities of the plane before I actually get my hands on it!

Thanks a million
Regards
David

Thanks for the warm welcome to the site. I am newcomer to the Cat, but have I think started well; one days work only so far, but the Cat is now in the hangar at the Imperial ar Museum site at Duxford and we are starting the winter stripdown and structural checks including NDT.

Maybe I can keep you all posted on progress. Ifyou would like more details look at catalinabookings.org.uk

David

Thanks for the warm welcome to the site. I am newcomer to the Cat, but have I think started well; one days work only so far, but the Cat is now in the hangar at the Imperial ar Museum site at Duxford and we are starting the winter stripdown and structural checks including NDT.

Maybe I can keep you all posted on progress. Ifyou would like more details look at catalinabookings.org.uk

David

Hi david,
I know you are there to work :D
But if you get any chance of taking some close up / internal photos, could you post them on the board, I am sure many here will enjoy seeing them.
cheers
Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back