Performace charts and comparisons (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GADGET

Airman
Oct 8, 2006
Maybe you kight akready know it.
Pretty good website:

WWII Aircraft Performance

Attachments

• p-47m-republic-wepchart.jpg
    p-47m-republic-wepchart.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 422
I agree, it's a nice collection as far as the primary material goes.

Certain care however is needed to be taken with that site's articles, as they are very selective, biased and sometimes outright manipulative with the original sources to come to the 'proper' conclusion.

Basically it applies to all three Bf 109 comparisons, which effectively are a cherry pickings of the worst possible Bf 109 tests vs. the best test, or even prototypes on the other side. The supplementary information on the Bf 109 engine ratings, variants availability etc. is seriously manipulated.

It's better IMHO to read the original reports themselves and make your own conclusions.

kurfy posted

Certain care however is needed to be taken with that site's articles, as they are very selective, biased and sometimes outright manipulative with the original sources to come to the 'proper' conclusion.

Same thoughts I have about the conclusions of some 109 sites out there.

Atleast he shows the 8th Airforce used 72" and 75" boost in service for the Merlin's from his website.

It's a great site no doubt about it, I've been visiting it for a long time now :)
However I agree with Kurfurst, if you want to believe that brave allied pilots that got killed in action were obviously incompetent even to drive a skateboard - then go ahead and take those articles as indisputable truth ;)
I'll draw my own conclusions ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back