Viking1066
Brigadier General
WAVES with PBY the net
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules
At first glance, I thought it was a Circle K store.View attachment 896624
View attachment 896625
History of Koppartrans
• Creation: Founded in Gothenburg, Sweden, in 1947.
• Name Origin: Formed as a partnership between the mining corporation Stora Kopparberg and the shipping company
Transatlantic.
• Operations: Built a major oil refinery in Gothenburg and ran a prominent network of service stations across Sweden.
• Acquisition: Shell purchased half of the company in 1959, took full control by 1963, and completely retired the
Koppartrans brand name by the early 1970s.
At first glance, I thought it was a Circle K store.
Which one is this? Was there a one-seater version I missed before?Two-seater version of observation. First flight in March 1934 the net
View attachment 896800
Which one is this? Was there a one-seater version I missed before?
Short S.25 Sandringham 3 1950 the net
View attachment 897065
She's a beauty, isn't she! I'm missing the thread "Girls and planes"!
Here's a photo with 4 girls and a....hm...car:
View attachment 896523
Does anybody know what's A.R.C. - American Red Cross?
That's an amphibious Jeep.View attachment 896523
Does anybody know what's A.R.C. - American Red Cross?
Thanks for the info. I was joking with the...hm...car. Its' the Typ166 Schwimmwagen. AFAIK they didn't call them "jeeps" during WWII. The Jeep was the US-jeep - the GP.That's an amphibious Jeep.
Looking at what can be read and other background details, I'm suspecting photo was taken in Italy.
Thousands of American women served overseas with the American Red Cross (ARC) during World War II, and in Italy they played a vital role in providing recreation, comfort, and morale-boosting services to U.S. troops. ARC women operated Clubmobiles—mobile recreation units that traveled with troops, offering showers, haircuts, meals, games, and social events. They also ran service clubs at forward operating bases, delivered hot coffee and donuts in harsh conditions, and organized tours to cultural sites . Many worked in recreation and personal service units, helping recuperating servicemen.
However, the shoulder patch seems odd, without the tradition Red Cross ... a local patch??