Pictures of BF109G Erla-Haube?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

von hahn

Airman 1st Class
Aug 2, 2008
JNB
Hi all.

Does anybody have any close-up photos of the ERLA-HAUBE canopies fitted to BF109 G-10s? In particular, I'm interested in whether they had the canopy handles, knobs and internal diagonal wires- (what were those for, anyway?)- that the reguar canopies had?

Thanks!
vh

Hope this will help a little...

Attachments

• Copy of Squadron-Signal - Aircraft 057 - Messerschmitt Bf109 (Part 2)_Page_40.jpg
    Copy of Squadron-Signal - Aircraft 057 - Messerschmitt Bf109 (Part 2)_Page_40.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 489
  • Copy of Squadron-Signal - Aircraft 057 - Messerschmitt Bf109 (Part 2)_Page_49.jpg
    Copy of Squadron-Signal - Aircraft 057 - Messerschmitt Bf109 (Part 2)_Page_49.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 455
  • Copy of 121.jpg
    Copy of 121.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,402
Great work Igor.
VH, if you aren't in a rush, I can post some pics of wartime vintage, of close-ups of the Erla canopy. I'm trying to catch up on correspondance etc after being away for a week!
The radio mast could be integral to the canopy, or on the fuselage, and yes, the canopy locking/release handle was as per the 'standard' canopy. The diagonal lines were red, used for aircraft on bombing operations normally, to give a visual angle against the horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back