Prop Blurs in the UK ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Anyone know of a UK stockist of the Prop Blur's ?

I remember asking a while ago if they had a distributor for the UK and they said NO.

Their postage is madness now! The last lot of blurs I purchased just $3 and arrived in a letter, but now its $17 [-X

1/72nd Scale - PropBlur

Saw them advertised once, a few years ago Ian, but far as I remember, they were from the US.
Personally, I think they only work in photographs (of models), and look rather silly otherwise on a static model. The only time you'll see a prop blur in real life, is in a 'still' photo, as the shutter speed of the camera 'freezes' the action - when viewed 'live' a spinning disc will be seen - if lighting conditions allow - or nothing at all.
In the few instances when I've built a model in a flying attitude, I've either added a clear, or slightly diffused disc, or omitted the prop blades and filled the holes in the spinner.

I've always liked the blurs Terry and its the way you paint them to achieve a good turning prop.

Did a flying Tamiya Lanc' a while back and that has the blurs fitted! Did I ever put that up on this forum ? Can't remember :oops:

Each to their own Ian, but I still think they look what they are, however well they are painted. I saw a pic of a B-24 at some exhibition somehwere, which was an extremely good model, but spoilt and relegated to 'gimmick class' by the addition of the blurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back