prop spider?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Magdrop

Airman
Mar 5, 2010
Hi all,
New boy here,
just wondering if any of your good folks could help me out, I've had a prop spider for some time now, its a four blade, and has the following numbers on it - 49-269 and 56982 s. I think the last number is a serial number.

thanks

magdrop

Hi all,
New boy here,
just wondering if any of your good folks could help me out, I've had a prop spider for some time now, its a four blade, and has the following numbers on it - 49-269 and 56982 s. I think the last number is a serial number.

thanks

magdrop

Prop spider? Do mean a "hub?"

No, I mean the forging that is used to locate the root ends of the blades, this is the part with the machined section that the driving cones work on, if I get chance I'll try and post a picture.

steve

Prop spider? Do mean a "hub?"

I guess you guys in the states may call it the hub - sorry about that.

I'll try n descibe it better. large splined centre with machined angled seats for the cones, and three arms, tapering down slightly to accept the root end of the blades.
Hope that clears it up - ha ha

steve

as promised, pic of spider

Attachments

• PICT1157.JPG
    PICT1157.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mag;

56982 matches Ham Standard part # sequences. I think it from a Mustang

Watcha,

Wow, Mustang, thanks for that, need to find someone who wants it now, ha ha. It's in real good condition, no corosion or damage anywhere.
I also have a 3 blade "Hub" or spider as we call it from a Lancaster and that is pristine. If you know of anyone who is after either of these feel free to drop me a line.

steve

Watcha,

Wow, Mustang, thanks for that, need to find someone who wants it now, ha ha. It's in real good condition, no corosion or damage anywhere.
I also have a 3 blade "Hub" or spider as we call it from a Lancaster and that is pristine. If you know of anyone who is after either of these feel free to drop me a line.

steve

Your best bet is to put adds in Barnstormers or Trade a Plane. It may take a while to find a buyer but they should bring a good price.

Try these guys as well...

Westpac Restorations - Home Page

It will have to pass a mag test, and have no nicks, the correct finish, and dimensional checks, and be yellow tagged to be worth much, unless it came out of a factory box covered with cosmoline. No one has anyway of knowing if it was a red tagged piece of scrap. The photo is hard to see detail, it looks like its used. Let us know what is found out.

It will have to pass a mag test, and have no nicks, the correct finish, and dimensional checks, and be yellow tagged to be worth much, unless it came out of a factory box covered with cosmoline. No one has anyway of knowing if it was a red tagged piece of scrap. The photo is hard to see detail, it looks like its used. Let us know what is found out.

will do,
its going for full ndt next week, there is no wear at all on any of the splines and the arms have minimal marking, sadly the camera does it no justice

the other one of these I have is a three blade, of a lancaster, it has the 50 spline and that went through ndt no problem and all dims are factory.

cheers

steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back