Propeller Identification

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It says, Dia 93", Pitch 76", for a Jacobs L4 (R-775), made 1943.
Quite a few light aircraft that used the engine, the aircraft manuals would specify which props could be used, and therefore which aircraft this could be from.

Eng

Thank you!

No problem!
Possibly, someone on here can define accurately which aircraft with the R-775 had that prop. There are quite a few types. This is obviously a fixed pitch wood prop but the precise type this would be fitted to is very detailed info.

Eng

The S&S Aircraft Limited Winnipeg was the Canadian manufacturer of the wooden propellers widely used for many WW2 training aircraft.

More than ten years ago a couple of guys asked about the same propeller type at Need Info on S&S Propeller - Wooden Propeller Forum
Even the Serial Number is very close one.

S&S Aircraft Limited Winnipeg
SER.S.2381
SS-SS.210.E
D 93"
P 76"
JACOBS L4
NOV 1943

Also an another one ... S&S Aircraft Ltd. - Winnipeg - Wooden Propeller Forum

S&S AIRCRAFT LIMITED - WINNIPEG
SER.S.1404
DRG.210.E.
DIA - 93
PIT - 76
JACOBS - L4
OCT - 1942

Unfortunately both didn't get any info.

I have tried to look at the likely application of this propeller, based upon the date of manufacture and the Jacobs L4 (R-755) engine with this fixed wooden prop.
My data is based on internet.
So, it looks likely that this prop might have been produced for the WW2 trainer aircraft and the two likely types I find are, the Boeing-Stearman PT 18 Kaydet and the Cessna AT 17 Bobcat light twin. Both these types had versions with the L4 fitted with fixed pitch wooden props. Obviously, very important training aircraft in the War.
Best I can do.

Eng

Users who are viewing this thread