Quadrophenia

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heinz

Captain
Feb 6, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
Arguely one of the best rock concept albums outisde of the progressive genre.

Listened through the other day was great takes you on a real story. I've been a fan of The Who for a long time.

Relevant to my old man as it was about the 'mods' and 'rockers' motorcycle and scooter crowd in England with various fights and tensions between the too. My old man was more on the rocker side of things when he was young:lol:

Hopefully theres more fans of this album on here too.

Quadrophenia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

who-quadrophenia-front.jpg

I am the sea and its a great opener I must agree.

As good as the intro into Dark Side of the Moon by Floyd but Floyd is prog and I dont want to start comparing them :lol:

Not my favorite Who album. "Who's Next" would have to be it. Up there with "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Born to Run" as albulms that identified Rock and Roll.

I love the record... a side from the concept, the drums production are superb! Amazing "live" sound...one of their best "studio" albums that manages to captures the power of their live show. 8)8)8)

I'm a big Who fan. While I love Quadrophenia as a concept album, it missed it's mark somewhat for a rock opera. I don't think that the "stage" of Quadrophenia was quite realized until Townshend did it with Patty Labelle and Billy Idol. Then it reached its mark.

Tommy was much more listenable and cohesive from The Who. And frankly I thought the mastering was done much better too.

But as said above, the penultimate Who album is Who's Next. That album is in my Top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back