Questions needed for a former 31st Fighter Group Mustang pilot (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks very much for that question. I intend to email him this weekend, so more questions are very welcome!

On a related note, another 31st FG pilot wrote the following to me a few years ago: "23 April 1945 went with three others to Lesina to check out our first P.80 jet fighter. Had a cockpit check and we flew a 30 min 'rat' race. The P.80's went by us like we were standing still."

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com

Thanks very much for that question. I intend to email him this weekend, so more questions are very welcome!

On a related note, another 31st FG pilot wrote the following to me a few years ago: "23 April 1945 went with three others to Lesina to check out our first P.80 jet fighter. Had a cockpit check and we flew a 30 min 'rat' race. The P.80's went by us like we were standing still."

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com
Hi, I am a resident (actually old resident) of Lesina (FG) Italy. Currently living in Canada and one of my long going projects is the research on the P.80 trials that were conducted in or just outside Lesina. The air base is not far from the outskirts of the town, on a good day one can walk it in just under a couple of hours or by car in about 15 minutes. So, what can you share along with what I have, which is motly stories from old surviving residents, which by now are no longer with us. The information will be used to enhance the modelling I am planning to build for a display in 2025 in Lesina. Let me know, I appreciate the help.

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the extract I included above is all I have about the 31st Fighter Group's involvement with the P-80. Sorry that I can't be of further assistance.

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Ok, thanks. anyway, if you hear or pick up any bits here and there, let me know, I appreciate the effort, credits of participation will be made..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back