RAAF Pacific Kills?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I would not measure the efforts of the Australian's on the basis of kills scored on their own behalf. Were it not for the presence of the land that is Australia the Allied effort would have been hard pressed to find safe areas to organize an effective strike. Charter Towers, Darwin, the ports where the materials made their way to the enemy to the North. The Thirteenth and Fifth Air Forces would have been forming in India, adding time to the duration of the conflict, as well as pressure on its eventual outcome.

70th Anniversary of the launch of the Hawaii Attack this day. John Ford's "They Were Expendable" was shown at the local library this day.
Regards

I would not measure the efforts of the Australian's on the basis of kills scored on their own behalf. Were it not for the presence of the land that is Australia the Allied effort would have been hard pressed to find safe areas to organize an effective strike. Charter Towers, Darwin, the ports where the materials made their way to the enemy to the North. The Thirteenth and Fifth Air Forces would have been forming in India, adding time to the duration of the conflict, as well as pressure on its eventual outcome.

70th Anniversary of the launch of the Hawaii Attack this day. John Ford's "They Were Expendable" was shown at the local library this day.
Regards

Not trying to measure RAAF efforts by number of kills, simply trying to fill in some historical gaps. Agree with your comments.
Mark

i know the Wirraway had 1 confirmed, which is quite amazing when you think that it was over a Zero!

I thought one of you Aussie guys would have chimed in with "...it wasn't a Zero, it was an Oscar..." by now. The actual Wirraway is on display at the Australian War Memorial Museum in Cranberry.

BTW, awhile back I had heard that New Zealand was disbanding its military. Is that true?

No, its not true, Marshall Stack, you might be thinking about the fact that in 2001 the RNZAF disbanded its combat force of A-4 Skyhawks and Aermacchi MB-339s. The RNZAF is more of a transport arm now; its only combat capability is four SH-2G Seasprites (and another spares ship) and six P-3K Orions (also a handful of UH-1s with optional door guns). Take a look at this thread for a bit more info on the RNZAF A-4s: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/modern/a4ks-4k-thread-30730.html

:(

Hi, check out my site at Pacific Victory Roll - Home. I have compiled a near complete list of all RAAF kill claims in the Pacifc war. It's as accurate as I can get it and I believe may be the first of its kind. Enjoy!

Welcome anzac. Fantastic site. Love the profiles. Willl look at this for some time....

If ever you get a bit bored, would you consider profiles for RAAF bombers and transports?

Welcome anzac. Fantastic site. Love the profiles. Willl look at this for some time....

If ever you get a bit bored, would you consider profiles for RAAF bombers and transports?

Thanks Parsifal, after 6 + years of research it's nice to get some positive feedback. Still have so much to do on the site but may include bomber and transport profiles if the interest is there. Thanks goes to Micheal Claringbould from Aerothentic who has contributed some of his profiles. Photographic and profile contributions welcome.
Regards Mark

paciificvictoryroll.com

Very nice anzac1915 - I see you also publish your work in in Flightpath. Great artwork Sir. Welcome here too.

Thanks Nuuumannn,
Michael (Aerothentic ) does the Flightpath stuff. Mine are not as good but improving with each profile.

Mark
pacificvictoryroll.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back