RAF Lightning

otftch

Staff Sergeant
1,384
65
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Location
Franklinton,NC
Here is an RAF Lightning. Kit is the old Airfix in 1/72. Not a bad kit for its age.
Ed
 

Attachments

  • DSC07107.jpg
    DSC07107.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC07108.jpg
    DSC07108.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC07109.jpg
    DSC07109.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC07110.jpg
    DSC07110.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC07111.jpg
    DSC07111.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC07113.jpg
    DSC07113.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC07114.jpg
    DSC07114.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC07128.jpg
    DSC07128.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 169
Very nice! though correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe in their infinite wisdom the RAF ordered the Lightning without the turbos then rejected it because it didn't perform....
 
Yep, as I mentioned, there were two, but not strictly RAF. They were evaluated by the A&AEE at Boscombe Down, and rejected. Had they had turbos, things might have been slightly different.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back