Real Life Stuff

Discussion in 'OFF-Topic / Misc.' started by Harvard, May 22, 2007.

1. Harvard

Harvard Banned

Hey Gents:

I recently went into a copy place, and handed someone a report w/ a note on it. I said do this "as is". The note said 2 copies, stapled.

However the report is bound, so the guy behind the counter didn't read the note. He also assumed that I wanted it bound. I told him after he made that assumption and didn't read the note first. He then argued that "as is" excludes the note. He then accused me of using incorrect grammar, and gave me a long condescending lecture.

Was he right, or was he wrong?

Thanks,

Chris

2. DOUGRD

DOUGRD Member

Aircraft Mechanic working in general aviation.
    I'd say he was wrong. I'd say that the "as is" was open to interpretation. Evidently your view was that the "as is" was for the content of the report, whereas his interpretation concerned the entire package you handed him. Chalk that one up to "interpretation". But as far as giving you a lecture I think he was dead wrong and personally I would have given him my "World Famous" imitation of the U.S.S. New Jersey doing a (verbal) broadside. After 23 years in Uncle Sam's canoe club I no longer chew a*s. I chew around it and let it fall off.:lol:

3. Matt308

Matt308 Glock Perfection
    Staff Member Moderator

Engineer
    You were his customer. Mongo should never insult the customer. I would have told him to F'off and that I would tell anyone I knew about his shoddy customer service.

4. pbfoot

pbfoot Active Member

The request of copying was processed as requested now how much abuse flowed both ways before the comment about the grammar . As it stands he processed your request if all you did was complain in a nice manner he was out of step

5. DOUGRD

DOUGRD Member

Aircraft Mechanic working in general aviation.