Recovery of a B-17E in New Guinea (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
New Guneia B-17E-2.jpg
New Guneia B-17E-3.jpg
New Guneia B-17E-4.jpg
New Guneia B-17E-5.jpg
New Guneia B-17E-6.jpg
New Guneia B-17E.jpg

Yes, I think it is Swamp Yankee. A local said that the airplane should be left there to serve as a tourist attraction, "The village nearest the airplane does not even have a name. If they had left the airplane there it would have a name by now." Just why a village in NG needs a Boeing product built in Seattle in order for the locals to name the village, I do not know. I heard that the NG government had intervened after the airplane was packed up and ready to go, withdrew their permission, and stopped it from being transported out of the country. I have not heard of a new status.

Yes, I think it is Swamp Yankee. A local said that the airplane should be left there to serve as a tourist attraction, "The village nearest the airplane does not even have a name. If they had left the airplane there it would have a name by now." Just why a village in NG needs a Boeing product built in Seattle in order for the locals to name the village, I do not know. I heard that the NG government had intervened after the airplane was packed up and ready to go, withdrew their permission, and stopped it from being transported out of the country. I have not heard of a new status.
Bribe not big enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back