Request for information 404th Fighter group 24 June 1944 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nicolas6

Recruit
Aug 17, 2021
Hello to all
I'm new to the forum, my name is Nicolas and I need information on a Bombing mission that took place in Normandy on June 24, 1944 by the 404th Fighter group on an Auxais Village. I have a name of a pilot who took part in this mission, Lieut. I have a name of a pilot who took part in this mission, Lt. Col Johnson, from the history I found on the internet, does anyone have more precise information?
There was another Bombardment on 10 July 1944 but I have no information about it other than the date. If anyone can help me
Sincerely
Nicolas

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be something in here

Hello
Thank you for your reply, I already have this document and it is with this one that I got the name of the lieut. Col. Johnson's name and that I knew that the mission of bombing Auxais on June 24, 1944 was carried out by the 404th Fighter Group. I would therefore like to have more precise information about this Lieutenant (photo for example) and to which squadron he belonged?
I thank you all in advance because I know that it is complicated what I ask.
Sincerely
Nicolas

N nicolas6 ... do you mean Lieutenant Colonel James Kenneth Johnson who was a Deputy Commander of the 404th FG from November 1943 to October 1944?

If you do ... here you are ...

Hello
Thank you for your answer and your documents, it could be this person. I am sending you a scan of a document that talks about this colonel who bombed Auxais on 24 June 1944. I don't know if this is the right Johnson. There is a marching log of the 404th Fighter Group. Was he part of the 508 Figther Squad? Was it the 508 Figther squad that went into action on 24 June 1944 at Auxais?
Have a nice day
Nicolas

Attachments

• 20210819131408.pdf
    91.2 KB · Views: 45
The 508th FS was involved in actions at the St. Lo area at that time. So it is possible the squadron could take part in the attack at the Auxais Village as well. But I don't know whether Lt. Col. Johnson was a member of the unit. If he was the DC of the FG he didn't have to be a member of any squadron of the Fighter Group.

Squadrons of the 404th FG ...

404FG.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back