Rivet making tool?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Justine

Airman 1st Class
Feb 7, 2018
ok, I wanted to try bringing out more details and I found this rivet making tool on ebay. I will do everything in my power to not buy anything from china again. Unfortunately, this tool you can only get from china on ebay and even Amazon. So I found an American modeling shop and I was supposed to get it today but something happened with shipping and not sure when Im gonna get it.
I did find a similar tool for sewing only online but by the time I buy that Ill get the proper tool in the mail. So my question, is there anything else, around the house or I can grab from Walmart, that can be used to make this look? I tried useing my little saw blade teeth lol, that was dumb .
Im only practing on a failed model right now that Im still going to finish at some point.
Thanks
Justine

Justine,

MicroMark carries one that you can order on-line, but I don't know from whence it is sourced. Plus++++ on cutting back on Chinese goods. Time to support the free world capitolist system!

Ed

I'd say good luck trying to find something like that is NOT made in China. The sewing gizmo that you're talking about is called a "Ponce Wheel" and commonly referred to as Pounce Wheels. These can be purchased at sewing shops but may have too large a spacing to be realistic. I know that you can get some with smaller tooth spacings and I used to be able to get a USA made product here locally: https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/sho...arking-tools/32817-set-of-three-pounce-wheels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back