RLM paint number ID please

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Breizh

Airman
Mar 31, 2007
Hello,

I'd like to know the RLM color code(s) that was used in the paint for the orange-red Ta152H as seen in J.Crandall's Dora book (page 155), and if it isn't an official RLM number, any hint for me to find as accurate a digital (CMYK/RGB/etc) color value as possible.

Thanks in advance,
m.

Hi,

Actually, the orange colour was yellow RLM 04 Gelb.For the colour you can use Humbrol 154,Gunze Sangyo H413,Pactra A78,Xtracolor X213.

The red one was RLM23 Rot.For this one you can use Humbrol 60,Gunze Sangyo H414,Pactra A79,,Xtracolor X217.

The FS numbers are in the included pics.

Attachments

• gelb.jpg
    gelb.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 288
  • rot.jpg
    rot.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 328
:D THX Charles.
But I think he needs somethig more than the two colours.
Let's wait for his answer.:)

Do you mean that orange-red Ta152 had two tones of orange color? As I understood it, it was painted in one homogeneous hue.

Thank you for the swatches, they are what I was looking for. :)

breizh, not sure you will get an exact match. I would think that not even the pilots who few the two aircraft (Ta152 and D-9) would have known the 'actual' colour. It most likely was a mix of the 2 colours RLM04 and 23 as shown by Wurger, but what proportions?
You could ask Jerry Crandall for an estimate?
Or experiment with some mixes to get the "Bright Orange-Red overall" colour as quoted in the book and noted in the profile. A bit of variation either way will not matter too much, you can't be proven wrong!.

Yes I guessed it was some proportion of 23 and 04, and thankfuly Mr. Crandall himself gave me the proportions. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back