Rockwell B-1 Lancer / Tupolev Tu-160

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

lomcovak

Airman
Mar 29, 2020
Rockwell B-1 Lancer / Tupolev Tu-160 are supersonic, four-engine strategic bombers. which the best ?? vote and write in the comments.

watch video aircraft

in the whole of things
Well to really assess an aircraft you have to consider many things so it's really not that cut and dry. For low level strike I'd go with the B-1B, bomb load the Tu-160 takes it, electronics, probably the B-1B. Delivery systems and weapons, the B-1B. The Tu-160 is faster, the B-1B flies higher. 17 Tu-160s are in Russian service today, There's about 50 B-1s in service today. The B-1Bs are combat proven, I don't know if the Tu-160 has seen real combat.

Well to really assess an aircraft you have to consider many things so it's really not that cut and dry. For low level strike I'd go with the B-1B, bomb load the Tu-160 takes it, electronics, probably the B-1B. Delivery systems and weapons, the B-1B. The Tu-160 is faster, the B-1B flies higher. 17 Tu-160s are in Russian service today, There's about 50 B-1s in service today. The B-1Bs are combat proven, I don't know if the Tu-160 has seen real combat
The Tu-160 has been used in Siria. The validity of the use as a proper combat test, unknow to me but I suspect that not too worthy given the lack of true opposition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back