SBD-2’s at Guadalcanal?

Romcat

Recruit
3
1
Joined
Sep 7, 2024
Location
Ontario, 🇨🇦
Evening.

Is anyone aware if SBD-2's were flown by Marines on Guadalcanal?
They certainly had them at Midway, and I've seen some info that they didn't switch to "3's" till November of '42
Plan on Modelling a Cactus AF SBD-2 if I can get some info…
Pretty sure the Enterprise planes on Cactus were "3's" but Marine equipment often "lagged"

Thanks for any help…

Cheers.
 
Evening.

Is anyone aware if SBD-2's were flown by Marines on Guadalcanal?
They certainly had them at Midway, and I've seen some info that they didn't switch to "3's" till November of '42
Plan on Modelling a Cactus AF SBD-2 if I can get some info…
Pretty sure the Enterprise planes on Cactus were "3's" but Marine equipment often "lagged"

Thanks for any help…

Cheers.
The notion that VMSBs didn't get dash threes until year-end is REAL peculiar.
Especially considering that the USN/USMC monthly aircraft location lists are online
Aside from veterans' aircrew logbooks.
 
SBD-2's at Guadacanal ?The USMC was no doubt using EVERYTHING they could get their hands on!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back