Schnaufer's Bf 110G

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Andy, Wim goes into a bit about this, so it makes interesting reading. Have also posted the same on LEMB and contacted both AWM and IWM with the same info on their fins.

Hello,

Some infos here...
An Ordinary Crew and here FalkeEins - The Luftwaffe blog : Wolfgang Schnaufer's Bf110G

and that from LEMB in January 2008:

here is a list from the book, Sadly the author went to the trouble of posting his victories in a list, but strangly does not provide a list of AC flown with dates, AC sub type, W.Nr's etc. I had to go through the book page by page to find these, I hope I missed nothing?
1941-1942> G9+DC Bf 110 C with no forward searching radar.
1943> G9+DZ
1944-1945> G9+DF, G9+EF Schnaufer's favorite AC, G9+MD Spare AC Flown on Op when EF was unservicable, scored two victories on night of 20/21 Feb in this AC.
Also Flew 3C+BA Mach 1*(See Note) and a second, different AC coded the same 3C+BA, This a Bf 110G4 W.Nr. 180560 on final Missons, however no contact with enemy made. This AC was previously coded G9+DX and had code changed to 3C+BA and had all kills on both fins and Surrendered with Schnaufer.
*Note The first 3C+BA was destroyed by fire on or about April 14th in an Airfield attack, See Appendix A "Another Schnaufer Myth" in the book for further explanation.
On a side note, Schnauffer also flew Ju88 3C+AA on the flight to be awarded the Diamonds and back.

Vkz. from Flugbuch Rumpelhardt, crew of Schnaufer from 4 October 1942:

Bf110C +CC, +JP, +AC and Do217 +JM, +KM.
Bf110F +CC and +AC - October-December 42
Bf110G-4 +DC, +IN, +BC, +AC - March-April 43
Bf110G-4 +AZ, +BZ, FZ, +DZ, +CZ and +BF - May 43 to November 43.
Bf110G-4 +HZ, +DZ, +KZ, +EZ and AZ - November 43 to April 44.
Bf110G-4 +DF, +HF and OZ - April to July 44.
Ju88G-1 +AA - August 44 and a few times later, but not on operations.
Bf110G-4 +EF, +MD, +BA and +DX - August 44 to April 45.

The list is not complete...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back