Screenshots (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Was going to show some pictures from some of my CFS3 installs but site doesn't accept BMP pictures. How can i convert them to accepted file types ? At a loss as i have some better pictures than old CFS1 and CFS2 aircraft. CFS3 aircraft can really be amazing and the scenery is much better than the old stuff.

Was going to show some pictures from some of my CFS3 installs but site doesn't accept BMP pictures. How can i convert them to accepted file types ? At a loss as i have some better pictures than old CFS1 and CFS2 aircraft. CFS3 aircraft can really be amazing and the scenery is much better than the old stuff.

Microsoft Paint will do it but the result will have some loss in quality.
Personally I use GIMP for most image editing tasks but GIMP is a pretty heavy program for resources.
On older Windows systems, MS Photo Editor works with less overhead but is no longer available on newer systems.

- Ivan.

Agreed, I really liked CFS3's quality.

As for converting a .BMP file, nearly any image editor can convert, like Photoshop, Paintshop, GIMP (like Ivan suggested) and so on.
Just load the image into the editor, then select "Save As" from the File menu (usually at the top left) and then select .JPG in the output menu.

It's also funny that CFS3 came up, I was just looking at some old archived screenshots a little while ago.
This is one of my favorites - I was heading home in my Ju87G after an unsuccessful mission and some B-25s crossed my path, so I went after one and made a kill!

Ju87g_victory.jpg

Here is a pretty similar aeroplane I worked on a few years back but didn't finish.
It just needed a good texture layout, flight model and damage profile.

- Ivan.View attachment 547524
That Ju87G in my post is one I made for CFS3 from scratch, but never finished skinning.
At the time, only the Ju87D was available in game...

Man I miss this game. I had aircraft parts strewn everywhere
I miss gaming period!

My gamers needed work about the time of my wreck and I was not physically able to deal with their issues. Then time went by, Redbeard passed away (one of my killin' cohorts) and I just drifted away from it all...

Hello GrauGeist,
I didn't know you were actually in the industry. I have been building as a hobbyist since about 2002 or so and always for CFS1.
This Ju 87B was something I built around a decade ago but never finished. There is a LOT of unfinished stuff in my workshop.

Hello Fubar57,
I know what you mean about aircraft parts strewn about. I have at least a half dozen or more projects that are pretty close to the release stage but just need a couple more pieces. Most of the missing pieces are custom gauges and updated propeller tables also seems to be a common thing.
It usually isn't the really difficult stuff that stops me; It is the tedious stuff.

Shinpachi was kind enough to supply some really good drawings for a A6M2-N Rufe, so a conversion of my A6M2 Model 21 will be starting shortly as soon as I can get a few things in the existing 3D model and flight model sorted out.

- Ivan.

Hello GrauGeist,
I didn't know you were actually in the industry. I have been building as a hobbyist since about 2002 or so and always for CFS1.
This Ju 87B was something I built around a decade ago but never finished. There is a LOT of unfinished stuff in my workshop.

I built quite a few aircraft for CFS3 using programs like Gmax, Turbosquid, etc.

I just didn't share them with the community, although they could be retrieved from a person's download folder after a MP session if they knew where to look, much like IL-2 does.

The complete (or close to complete) aircraft I built, were the He100, P-36, He280, Ar240 and of course, the Ju87G. Many more remain in various stages of development.

In the Stuka's case, I was having a hell of a time managing the damage bubble at the leading edge of the mainwing because of the 37mm cannon. It seems that the nature of the barrel structure was creating a conflict and I never resolved the issue, so an enemy bullet passing near the barrel(s) between the barrel and fuselage would accrue damage...

I built quite a few aircraft for CFS3 using programs like Gmax, Turbosquid, etc.

I just didn't share them with the community, although they could be retrieved from a person's download folder after a MP session if they knew where to look, much like IL-2 does.

The complete (or close to complete) aircraft I built, were the He100, P-36, He280, Ar240 and of course, the Ju87G. Many more remain in various stages of development.

In the Stuka's case, I was having a hell of a time managing the damage bubble at the leading edge of the mainwing because of the 37mm cannon. It seems that the nature of the barrel structure was creating a conflict and I never resolved the issue, so an enemy bullet passing near the barrel(s) between the barrel and fuselage would accrue damage...

Hello GrauGeist,
Although I have played CFS2 and CFS3 at times, I have never played them head to head so I don't know the mechanism by which aircraft are shared in those games. I know that in CFS1, the configuration is manual. If the aircraft isn't present on one of the gaming machines, then the default aircraft is used it its place. The setup is usually quite time consuming especially for people like me that always are changing something or have a new project in the works.
Eventually, I just set up two gaming PCs in my living room and connected them via serial cable and null modem.
That setup let me at least see how my own aircraft would behave in a multi player game.

Your choice of subjects is very interesting and appealing.
The damage boxes for your Ju 87G sound like a choice thing. Personally I would just have ignored the cannon barrel sticking past the leading edge of the wing and just pretended it could not be hit. To be honest, my own Damage Profiles tend to be a bit on the light side. I do pay attention to weapons loadouts and weights and damage, but am much more concerned about flight performance.

On its first outing, my A6M2 was critiqued for losing too much of its roll rate with any kind of wing damage. While I can't disagree with the conclusion, I haven't tested it enough to know what is really wrong or how to fix it.

Here are some screenshots from back in 2012 when I was doing a tutorial on how to build a Macchi C.205 Veltro.
The Veltro never actually got a paint job and has not been released but a C.202 Folgore was derived from it a few years back and it actually did get released. (I was set on having a "smoke ring" paint job on the Veltro and could never figure out how to draw one that looks "correct".)
One interesting thing to note is that although the MDL is the same on both machines, the animated spinner does not display on the AI aircraft and thus one gets the white spinner underneath which is what is normally hidden by the animated spinner with a pattern on it.

- Ivan.

Attachments

• MC205Veltro_Duel1.jpg
    MC205Veltro_Duel1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 144
  • MC205Veltro_AI.jpg
    MC205Veltro_AI.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Macchi_C202.jpg
    Macchi_C202.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 157
Attacned are screenshots of a recent rework of Richard Osborne's Me 109E-Trop.
There is more that is new in this model than there is left of the original.
This was done when I had the urge to build the old Monogram Me 109E for nostalgia purposes and found that the kit I had didn't have decals or a set of instructions.
I was going to have a Battle of Britain era 109 one way or another.....

- Ivan.
Me109E4_LowPass.jpg

Me109E4_LandingFlare.jpg

This is another screenshot of the same basic project modified to FW 190D-13 configuration.
Alex Simon's basic AFX seems to be the basis for most of the Doras in CFS1 but most people have not taken the time to make any substantial modifications to the original project.

For both the D-9 and D-13, the propeller diameter needed to be corrected by around 6 inches. Many bleeds were corrected and the animation was adjusted in various places. The animation for the Radiator was removed. There was a small box intended to be the virtual cockpit that was embedded in the middle of the original model that I removed. The Supercharger intake was moved to the opposite side. The wings were shortened by TWO FEET and the tips were reshaped slightly.
There was no pilot in the original project. This pilot is from one of my P-40s and is wearing a leather jacket with a Nationalist Chinese flag on his back as typical for AVG pilots.

The paint scheme is from a CFS group called JG57 though they hosted it on an unmodified Alex Simon project.
This D-13 removes the gun bulges on the cowl which was not done earlier on their model.

These Doras are the result of my needing a test subject to see if I could make the antenna wires appear less prominent than they typically are on most CFS aircraft.

- Ivan.

FWD13_Small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back