Seaborne Invasion vessels (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

trackend

Chief Master Sergeant
Dec 20, 2003
Ipswich, Suffolk
I obtained this list of Landing vessels from the Gosport Naval Library (along with there specs which is too big for the thread)
Theses are just the RN types/mk's deployed that took part during and shortly after D-Day . It gives a slight insight into just how vast an undertaking the seaborne invasion of Normandy was.

Attachments

• Landing craft.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
I have read that one of the main reasons the allies kept the Sherman on strength long after it should have replaced was because to replace it would have required the replacement of many of the LSTs that had been built.

I have read that one of the main reasons the allies kept the Sherman on strength long after it should have replaced was because to replace it would have required the replacement of many of the LSTs that had been built.

Not heard about that Par
The LST mk 1 could carry 193 troops +13 X 30 ton tanks or 27 X 3 Ton trucks.

The LST mk 2 could carry 177 troops +18 X 30 ton tanks or 27 X 3 Ton trucks 8 jeeps
All mk 1's and 2's were built in the USA

The mk 3 was a British design and could carry 168 troops + 1 LCT or 7 LCM's + 15 X 40 ton tanks or 27 X 25 ton tanks or 14 X 3 ton trucks 8 Jeeps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back