Seeking dimensioned drawings of Pratt Whitney R-1340 Wasp

Discussion in 'Engines' started by derekbu, Dec 8, 2010.

1. derekbu

derekbu New Member

Does anyone have dimensioned drawings for the P&W R-1340 Wasp? I'm building a 3D CAD model of the CAC Wirraway, and need dimensions for the engine. The Wirraway used the R-1340 S1H1-G geared engine, but dimensions for any other versions will still be helpful, since the crank-case, cylinders and rear housing were all common. I have many cross-section drawings, clearance charts, etc from manuals, but these do not show any dimensions.

Here are two great cross-sections from the CAC manual:
    Clearance index chart 1
    Clearance index chart 2

Regards,
    Derek

2. mudpuppy

mudpuppy Member

If you haven't found this website yet, it may have some information that may be helpful:
    AEHS Home

You can navigate your own way through the tabs on the left but there was this document that shows different installations of the P/W R-1340 Wasp and they may give you some other leads to follow in tracking down some dimensions.
    http://www.enginehistory.org/P&W/R-1340/Wasp%20Index.pdf
    They also had a cool Pratt/Whitney medallion you could pick up. Hopefully some of the other P/W engine materials will be of help.
    (They also had some info on propellers and you were looking for some of that to.)

Regards,
    Derek

3. derekbu

derekbu New Member

Thanks for the AEHS website tip Derek - I've been all over that site previously, and there is nothing helpful in their "non-members" content. I'll become a member there once I resolve my Paypal issues.

Cheers,
    Derek

4. derekbu

derekbu New Member

OK, I was able to join AEHS and they have been very helpful. I now have the dimensions I need...

Regards,
    Derek