Many thanks.
I assume that the individual aircraft in Squadron numbers were always preceeded by the letters "BP", so expect that this would have been used from the very start of the Squadron ?
Also is it known how many aircraft would make up the Squadron ?
Hi,
Due to a question of an a/c serial number that is at present in doubt.
I am seeking to view photos of or links to those used by 4 BFTS.
Many thanks,
Alex
Hi,
Due to a question of an a/c serial number that is at present in doubt.
I am seeking to view photos of or links to those used by 4 BFTS.
Many thanks,
Alex
Many thanks.
I assume that the individual aircraft in Squadron numbers were always preceeded by the letters "BP", so expect that this would have been used from the very start of the Squadron ?
Also is it known how many aircraft would make up the Squadron ?
RE: BFTS # 4: The expression "BP" utilized for Falcon Field aircraft stood for "British Phoenix". The expression for BFTS# 2 (Lancaster, CA} was "BL" which stood for "British Lancaster".