Settle an argument for me, who developed the F4U's curved approach for carrier landings.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Our office had bought a Coke machine, from Coca Cola, back in the 1960s which used the original size Coke bottles. It was about a cubic yard (or meter) in size with a star shaped handle on top which turned the storage drum when 6 cents were deposited. When Coca Cola quite using the original bottles, a fellow employee took it home. If we visited his home, it was in the den loaded with stubby bottled beer, still 6 cents.

I've found quite a few old tin cans (some with traces of the old printing on them) that were punched with something round, like an Awl.

I seem to recall many years ago, seeing a can opener that made round holes like a punch.

Or motor oil... we still have the combination hole-punch/spout in our garage. ;)
Back in the day, a punch/spout wouldn't work well for tranny fluid because the hood was too close and the funnel too high, so I used a commercial restaurant can opener, which is much larger than the average one.

Worked great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back