Sharkmouth.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us put every a/c that were painted with the Sharkmouth insignia and also try to find out the history of it, when was the first time it was painted on a a/c?

Cheers
GT

P51ace 16 said:
but thats it unless your counting newer aircraft

Hello grounded, actually yes I have many books in my home library that have pictures of the P-51 with shark mouths painted on them. It was not as common but yes they do exist. Infact if you look after my post and actually look at the pictures that were posted by other people, you will see a P-51 with shark mouth. I believe thought it is a F-51 during the Korean war though and not WW2. There were more WW2 aircraft then you think painted with them (more than I knew too before this thread) including RAF and Luftwaffe aircraft. I have even seen Isreali P-51's and Bf-109's painted with them. Here is an USAAF P-51B with a shark mouth.

Below it is a DC-3 with a Shark mouth.

Attachments

• dc3shark_129.jpg
    dc3shark_129.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 811
  • 51bshark_153.jpg
    51bshark_153.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 798
I'm not convinced that DC-3 was a military version. It has a white strip with writing that I cannot make out. That is typically indicative of a civilian transport.

One more to the collection.

Cheers
GT

Attachments

• b24_shark_124.jpg
    b24_shark_124.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 723
  • dive_204.gif
    dive_204.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 727
evangilder said:
I'm not convinced that DC-3 was a military version. It has a white strip with writing that I cannot make out. That is typically indicative of a civilian transport.

You are probably right and do to the fact that a civilian DC-3 woudl be painted this way would make me want to shoot it down even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back