Sharkmouth.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't good at being British. Couldn't fake the accent.

This pic from WWI of an Roland CII maybe how far back the insignia can be traced.

Cheers
GT

Attachments

• sabre__shark_923.jpg
    sabre__shark_923.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 816
  • roland_cii__1916_152.jpg
    roland_cii__1916_152.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 818
  • roland_cii_263.jpg
    roland_cii_263.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 824
  • roland_cii__shark_1916_101.jpg
    roland_cii__shark_1916_101.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 823
Trere are lots out there but to me they just fit the Hawk series the best esp the early/mid marks with the large chin intake and the cowl guns - the shark mouth just fits. 8)

Nonskimmer said:
Warhawk, Tomahawk, Kittyhawk... ;)

Exactly I should have been clearer about it. The Curtis P-40 family. To me the shark mouth just fits the aircraft configuration a little better than any other. For an obsolete plane they sure did a great job in WWII.

yeah it's also because the shark's mouth was most applied to the P-40 family i believe............

wmaxt said:
Nonskimmer said:
Warhawk, Tomahawk, Kittyhawk... ;)

Exactly I should have been clearer about it. The Curtis P-40 family. To me the shark mouth just fits the aircraft configuration a little better than any other. For an obsolete plane they sure did a great job in WWII.

That I completly agree with you. I also think the Stukas that I have seen with it look pretty cool with it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back