Sheppard FAA Corsair 136-P Serial Needed

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wmburns

Recruit
Jul 25, 2006
I am looking for the serial number of the F4U Corsair (III or IV?) flown by Don Sheppard RCNVR circa May 1945. This aircraft was coded "136-P" with 1836 Sqn aboard HMS Victorious. It was in this particular aircraft the Lt. Sheppard scored his fifth and final kill.
The only reference I can come up with is the attached photo of a 1:48 model entered in a contest. This is my first time posting here, so I hope the picture attaches properly.
It is my intent to create a decal set for both this particular aircraft and his earlier Corsair II JT410 coded "T8H" in which he claimed his first four "kills".

Thanks for any help,

Attachments

• Sheppard 1836sqn hms victorious may 1945_3.jpg
    Sheppard 1836sqn hms victorious may 1945_3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 205
I'd recommend you contact the Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton, Somerset. It holds the most comprehensive records of RN aircraft in the world.

One proviso: most Naval Air Squadrons existed only for the duration of a ship's commission and were disbanded on its completion, so many records have been lost, particularly individual aircraft histories.

Good luck!

Simba.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back