Sikorsky H-34?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Probably many of those early bigger non-turbine helos with large cargo space in lower deck and engine+cockpit above that

Jan - Never seemed to cause the little ARVN guy any problems whatsoever.
Since we were never in Laos or Cambodia Team insertion was via these surplus H-34s flown by ARVN crews. That big rotary front engine was like armor plate and that chopper could take a LOT of punishment.
Inside looked like swiss cheese since the ARVN mechs just cut holes wherever they wanted to reach a particular part. Hydraulic system leaked like a sieve. The deck was awash in that pink hydraulic oil and there was always 2-3 cases on board. The pilots just kept filling the reservoir whenever we landed.

Just because...here is my H34 panel. Trying to get back to a somewhat original condition. Still missing several placards, switch and one instrument. A few instruments are look a likes and not proper part number. Will replace as I find. A real beast, just like the aircraft! Just thought I would share...

Attachments

• H34Panel.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread