Somme Battlefield Documentary

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Emac44

Staff Sergeant
Oct 17, 2006
Brisbane Queensland
History channel is screening a Documentary on the Somme Battlefield. Using film taken during WW1 about the Somme. The documentary will screen here in Australia late in January. Documentary is trying to examine what parts of this film shot during WW1 is actual battle scenes and what had to be staged later for the cameras. should be a good one to watch for the History channel buffs in the forum. So keep an eye out for it

Already played here NS it was pretty good if I can remember correctly they almost named the guys in the clip. I think it was on PBS

Come to think of it, I may have seen bits and pieces of it. I seem to recall catching it while I was off-watch alongside one evening.

pbfoot, did you see the history channel series on the French and Indian War. I did not see it but always thought that was an interesting war. Wasn't it part of the 7 years war in Europe. One of my favorite movies is The Last of the Mohicans with DD Lewis.

pbfoot, did you see the history channel series on the French and Indian War. I did not see it but always thought that was an interesting war. Wasn't it part of the 7 years war in Europe. One of my favorite movies is The Last of the Mohicans with DD Lewis.
never saw that one but I find the history channel at least in Canada is becoming pretty lame I should no more about it as Fort Niagara is only 20km away but its to much grief to cross the border so the only way I can see it is from Fort George
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back