Songs: Only the best



Dreaming about my youth.
 
 
Last edited:
 
Man. Alot of great songs from different gaunras. Love that Walon Jennings.
I'll throw in a couple picks I find mooving.
Air for the g string by Bach, Wich hunt by Rush, Comfortably numb by Pink Floyd, and Hurt by Johnny Cash. Oh, and how could I forget Adventures in a Yorkshire landscape by Be bop deluxe( live version).
I liked the theme music for the 'Nam are movie: "Platoon"-- That might be the air you mentioned by Bach-- as I don't know what key or string Johan used as the basis for that haunting piece of music. I also like Pink Floyd and "Comfortably Numb" is my favorite- and anything composed by the late Howard Hoagland Carmichael-especially "Georgia On My Mind"--
 
You'll have to look up this one from the Vietnam Era on the you tube music site: "Sky Pilot" by Eric Burdon and The Animals. Best anti-war song I've heard. A Sky Pilot was the British name for an Army Chaplain. Don't go for the short radio version, be sure to find the full length 7 and a half minute version. You'll know you have it right when you hear the BAGPIPES and sound effects at the mid-point of the song. And a belated thank you to those California Draftees for pirating this song into our 1968 Fort Benning Basic Training barracks on their tiny transistor radios. P.S. - It is now and forevermore "Fort Benning" in my Military Mind, forget that re-naming nonsense.
 
A sky pilot on the B.C. coast was a missionary who would fly into remote logging camps and while I can guarantee that 99% of us were not religious, the entire camp would show up for the sermon
 
Wuthering Heights is fantastic Jim, agree there.

Favourite song of all time though is Silent Lucidity by Queensryche. If I have a song played at my funeral, this will be it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back