Special Hobby kits - in general

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great feedback. But sometimes Scalemates does not have the kit, by number many times, but could be buried by type. And good that you have 'returned'. Looking at your attached builds you are not participating in the GBs? Why? Certainy would present some stiff competition.

Great feedback. But sometimes Scalemates does not have the kit, by number many times, but could be buried by type. And good that you have 'returned'. Looking at your attached builds you are not participating in the GBs? Why? Certainy would present some stiff competition.
True and a fair point. Sometimes the lineage of the kit is given away by markings on the plastic/instructions but not always.

On group builds - the subjects I rattle off (including all of the above) are driven by what the customers ask for and according to their timeframe - so unless it coincides with a specific GB in a given timeframe I'm probably not in the running. I need to start, assemble, paint and finish a build in 2-3 weeks for some stuff - other things I can tackle at a more leisurely pace! The finish of some builds is expressly stated as being pristine, unweathered and/or matching/replacing an existing collection item so the end results will often be set by the needs of the commission rather than what I'd personally do left to my own devices.

On the order books to the end of the year (among other whacky things) are a Tu-22M2, two B-52Hs, a Vickers Valiant and Thunderbird 4. Looking forward to that last one more than all else for some reason! None of the above technically fall within the current GBs in that timeframe.

Ralph, Stalemate's is kinda like Wikipedia for modeling. If you know about something missing, you can add it to the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back