Spitfire Manuals

Anyone happen to have a Spitfire Mk 1A Pilot's Notes?
 
i add myself to thanks
 
A pdf Spitfire V manual says it cruises at 180 mph below 8,000 feet; 160 mph from 8,000 to 15,000 feet; and 150 mph above 15,000 feet. At very LOW altitude, can increase to 200 mph without seriously affecting range. Speeds are I.A.S.

On a typical day, 180 mph IAS at 8,000 feet is about 209 mph or so TAS.

So, a Spitfire V would have difficulty keeping up with an A-36 at 250 mph without having to abandon the escort before long. It had notoriously short legs.
 
Fat stack of manuals incoming! :spam1:
  • Spitfire Mk.IIA & IIB Volume I descriptive manual
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.VI
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire F Mk.IX
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.16
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire F Mk.XII in better quality
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.XIV & XIX 1st edition
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.XIV & XIX 2nd edition
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.18
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.21
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.22 & 24
  • Pilot's Notes for Seafire Mk.I, II & III
Credits to JimSam for amassing such a huge collection of manuals.
 

Attachments

and another to expand the collection
1669677898782.png
 

Attachments

Fat stack of manuals incoming! :spam1:
  • Spitfire Mk.IIA & IIB Volume I descriptive manual
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.VI
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire F Mk.IX
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.16
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire F Mk.XII in better quality
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.XIV & XIX 1st edition
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.XIV & XIX 2nd edition
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.18
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.21
  • Pilot's Notes for Spitfire Mk.22 & 24
  • Pilot's Notes for Seafire Mk.I, II & III
Credits to JimSam for amassing such a huge collection of manuals.

Amendments to the Mk 16 manual that Baball posted.
1726200839264.png


1726200793881.png
 
I could not see any F.IX manual so here is the second edition regenerated from a poor photocopy. OCRd but probably not very useable. The Amendment record is from a different copy as it was missing from the copy.

NOTE - I should have posted them here but I created a separate thread some time back of AP 1565 Spitfire maintenance documents

1726202814639.png
.

1746420063132.png
 

Attachments

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back