Spitfire (Mk. Ix) Training Load – What was left out?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Shortways

Recruit
Dec 4, 2023
The manuals state the TRAINING LOAD for the Spitfire Mk.IX is 7,150 lbs. versus the NORMAL LOAD of 7,445 lbs.
The only details about it are, 'Full Main Tanks, No Ammo or External Stores' but this adds up to 7,202 lbs.
I know it's close, but I am not only interested what of the SERVICE LOAD might have been left out, I want to recreate the correct Weight and Balance for the Spit in MSFS 2020.
The TR. 1133 seems to have been in short supply at some point early in the war, which might have been a reason or the Dinghy might not have been worn. But the latter is only about 20 lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_5272.jpeg
    IMG_5272.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 13
Your W&B extract seems to be for the Mk.V judging by the mention of 8 Brownings. It may be worth hunting for a copy of AP1535J Volume I and the Spitfire IX mod ledger to get your weight and balance information.

Your W&B extract seems to be for the Mk.V judging by the mention of 8 Brownings. It may be worth hunting for a copy of AP1535J Volume I and the Spitfire IX mod ledger to get your weight and balance information.
Hi and thanks for the answer.
I actually got this from a Boscombe Down test report document stating Mk.IX. But I will try to find that AP1535J. Thanks again. Edwin

Attachments

• 3BC57393-A2ED-4ADF-995A-64CDDBCDE367.png
    3BC57393-A2ED-4ADF-995A-64CDDBCDE367.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back